Recreation Committee Mission Statement and Goals
Posted: August 22, 2011
Volunteers who are interested in parks, special events, social, educational and cultural programs for people of all ages, sports and the enviornment are encouraged to join the Recreation Committee. The Committee meets formally every other month on the third Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm in the Municipal Building. Sub-committees such as strategic planning, volunteers and donations, budget, sports council and others may meet at other times.
The Mission Statement of the Recreation Committee is: "To provide all the residents of Byram a program of diverse leisure services. This would include opportunities to participate in a variety of sports; passive recreational activites; cultural, social and educational programs, and to provide parks and facilities which are safe and of the highest standard."
The function of the Recreation Committee is: "To advise the Mayor, Council, Township Manager and Recreation Director on matters regarding the recreational programs of Byram Township."
Committee Goals include the following:
1) To develop and maintain a list of suggestions for additions, modifications and updates to the recreation programs, facilities, and policies.
2) To work with the various sports organizations to ensure that our residents have a wide variety of athletic choices available to them.
3) To work with other organizations to provide various leisure, social, cultural, and educational programs for Township residents.
4) To ensure that our parks, fields, trails and facilities are maintained and accessible to all citizens of the Township.
5) Establish apolicy manual.