2017 Dog License Information
Licenses must be renewed by April 30, 2017. State law requires that proof of rabies vaccination, valid at least through February 28, 2018, be presented prior to issuance of a dog license.
- A free Township rabies clinic is scheduled to be held at the township garage on Saturday April 8th, 2017 from 9:00am – 12:00 noon. Call 973-347-2500 x125 for details. Other clinics may be offered in the area.
- 1-Year license $12.00 if spayed or neutered; all others $15.00.
- 3-Year license $30.00 if spayed or neutered; all others $39.00.
- Mail renewal - include payment, stamped self-addressed envelope, and proof of rabies vaccination to Township of Byram, 10 Mansfield Drive, Stanhope, NJ 07874, Attention Dog Licenses. OR
- Deliver renewal paperwork and payment in person to Township of Byram, 10 Mansfield Drive, Stanhope, NJ 07874
An optional 3-year license is available. Eligible animals for this program must be given a 3-year rabies vaccination in the month of March 2017 or later. Any shot given before this time will not cover the animal for the required licensing period under State law. If you do not qualify for a 3-year license, a 1-year license will be issued.
A LATE FEE OF $5.00 PER MONTH WILL BE ASSESSED ON MAY 1ST.
ALL 1-YEAR LICENSES EXPIRE APRIL 30, 2018
ALL 3-YEAR LICENSES EXPIRE APRIL 30, 2020