- Directory of Township Offices
- Tax Office
- Online Tax Payments
- Garbage & Recycling
- Township Codes
- Forms & Applications
- Municipal Budget Information
- Resident Request
- Fire Department
- Lakeland Emergency Squad
- Sign Up for Email Notices
10 Mansfield Drive
Byram Township, NJ 07874
T: 973.347.2500 | F: 973.347.0502 Township Hours
Administrative M-F 8:30am-4:30pm
Tax Office is open M-F 8:30am-3:30pm
Construction is open M,Tu, W, F
8:00am-3:00pm Closed Th
Animal Pound is open M-F 10am-12pm
© 2013 Byram Township
Garbage & Recycling2015 Curbside Residential Leaf Pick Up Dates - 10/12/2015
Curbside Recycling Changes Starting November 6, 2015 - 09/04/2015
Attention Byram Residents
New Garbage and Recycling Guidelines
On December 4, 2012 The Byram Township Mayor and Council awarded a new three-year contract with two one year renewals to Blue Diamond Disposal. The contract covers the collection of solid waste, bulk waste and single stream recycling.
Also, a contract was awarded to Re Community Recycling for the sale of residential collected Township recyclables.
- Garbage (solid waste) pickup will be every Tuesday and is limited to two 45 gallon containers. Containers must not weigh more than 40 pounds each.
- Limited Bulk Waste will be picked up on Tuesdays with your regular household garbage.
- No more than one large household item (sofas, chairs, dressers, mattresses, desks, carpeting and other such items) can be place at curbside weekly.
- Absolutely no construction debris (concrete, wood scrap, sheetrock, tiles, etc.) will be collected.
- Single Stream Recycling pickup is schedlued for every other Friday townwide begining Friday, November 6, 2015 -all recycled materials can be placed in the same container, eliminating the need to separate. Unlimited number of recycling containers will be collected. Recycling will NOT be pick up if it is in plactic bags.
- Collection Services for household garbage and recyling shall be performed between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. There is to be no collection services on Saturday or Sunday.
- Household Garbage and Recycling Receptacles shall be kept clean and in safe handling condition. Receptacles or other items to be disposed of shall be placed any time after 5:00 p.m. of the day immediately preceding the day of collection, but no later than 6:00 a.m. of the day of collection. After collection, any containers shall be removed from the curbside by not later than 7:00 p.m. of the day of collection.
Byram Township encourages all to recycle!
- For every ton of recycling material removed from the solid waste stream and not taken to the Sussex County Municipal Utilities Authority landfill, the Township will save $96.00 per ton in tipping fees.
- For every ton of increased recycling the Township will receive $18.00 per ton.
- The Township's municipal recycling center will be undergoing improvements and continue to remain open Wednesday (7:30 - 2:30) and Saturday (7:30 - 4:00).
2015 Residential Leaf / Brush / Tire Recycling Dates
Click Here for the 2015 Residential Leaf / Brush / Tire Recycling Dates.
Trash / Recycling Information
Recycling is good for the environment and Byram Township is proud of the active role it takes in making Byram Township a great place to live. By recycling we save our natural resources and help reduce the amount of solid waste that goes into landfills.
In Byram Township it is required that everyone recycles. Recycling is state mandated and failure to observe recycling regulations will result in fines issued. Not only does recycling benefit our environment, it also provides a positive impact on the Township budget and they taxes you pay. The more you recycle the more you save!
Byram Township offers an every other Friday residential single-stream curbside recycling pickup (included in taxes). Homeowners may also take their E-Waste, Metal, Tires, Leave/Brush recyclables to the Byram Township Recycling Center. The Byram Township Recycling Center is open Wednesdays 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. and Saturdays 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Single Stream Curbside Recycling is picked up every other Friday townwide. All recycled materials can be placed in the same container, eliminating the need to separate. Unlimited number of recycling containers will be collected. Recycling will not be picked up if it is in plastic bags.
Food and beverage glass jars and bottles, #1, #2, #4, #5, #7 plastic food and beverage containers including bottles, jars, and jugs. Aluminum and metal cans, loose metal jar lids, steel bottle caps and foil can be placed at curbside in a reusable container (it will not be picked up if placed in plastic bags).
Newspapers, magazines, brochures, corrugated cardboard, paper bags, paper towel rolls, paperback books, cartons, greeting cards, regular junk mail, cardboard beverage carriers, phone books, dry food cartons, paperboard boxes, file folders and office paper (boxes must be flattened). Shredded paper in clear plastic bags only.
Plastic bags, plastic hangers, plastic toys, flowerpots, pie trays, egg cartons and Styrofoam are considered regular garbage and will not be collected with your recycling. If any of these items are mixed in with your recycling, your recycling barrel will be stickered with a violation notice and not picked up.
Leaves bagged in biodegradable bags will be picked up curbside twice a year, usually once in November and then again in December.
Christmas tree pickup begins January 4, 2016 (weather permitting). All tinsel and decorations must be removed and tree placed at curbside.
Byram Recycling Center located at 10 Mansfield Drive is open Wednesdays 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. and Saturdays 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. All recyclable items listed below are accepted:
Electronic Waste - Multimedia devices including computers, TVs, monitors, and printers, small household appliances, and office equipment.
Metal - Major appliances and metal (refrigerator doors must be removed).
Leaves may be brought to the Byram Recycling Center. Leaves may be brought mid-April to mid-December (weather permitting).
Small brush (no more than 4" diameter) may be brought on designated days.
Rigid Plastics - Large plastic toys, laundry baskets, soda & milk crates, plastic pet carriers, kitty litter buckets, plastic storage containers, plastic garbage & recycling containers, plastic shelving, plastic outdoor furniture (without PVC pipes), 5-gallon buckets (without metal handles). Accepted only on designated days at the Township Recycling Center.
Auto Tires (without rims) may be brought to the Byram Recycling Center on designated days.
SCMUA - Sussex County Municipal Utilities Authority provides a comprehensive Recycling Center for residents and businesses. Items that are not mentioned above can be recycled at SCMUA located at 34 South, Route 94, Lafayette, NJ.